The Pierce County Bike Swap will bring the bicycling community together to buy, sell bikes and bike parts, teach young ones how to ride, discuss best cycling routes, and much more.
The 12th Annual Pierce County Bike Swap is a FREE family-friendly community event put on by Pierce Trips in partnership with the City of Tacoma and Downtown on The Go, where anyone can sell or buy used bicycles and bicycle parts. We encourage you to bring a helmet if you plan on test-riding bikes.
The Bike Swap will be held on Saturday, May 6 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the University of Puget Sound, Thompson Hall parking lot on N. Union Avenue and N 14th Street.
At the Bike Swap, Pierce Trips is planning on providing:
- BIKE CORRAL: Buy a bike or sell a bike at our Bike Corral. If you have 1-2 bikes to sell, this is the recommended route. There are no listing or selling fees. You do not need to sell a bike to buy, or trade. Come find your new-to-you ride!
- LOW-COST HELMETS: Provided by Downtown on the Go, bicyclists can purchase affordable helmets and get a proper helmet fitting.
- BIKE MAP MASTERS: Discuss best biking routes with seasoned local riders at the Bike Map Masters station.
- KIDS RIDING AREA: Youth can practice safe riding skills such as balancing, scanning, stopping, turning, and more.
- VENDORS: We will be inviting local bike shops and bike-related organizations to show off their products and share the latest information with you on bicycling in Pierce County. If you have several bicycles or bike parts to sell, we recommend you register as a vendor. There are no vendor fees.
- FOOD TRUCKS
Help us host a great Bike Swap!
- Share our event info online or in-person: You can share the Facebook event with folks interested in visiting or becoming a vendor. You can also print out copies of the 11x17 inch poster or a 4.25x6 inch postcard.
- Volunteer with us! We cannot put on the Swap without a hardworking group of volunteers. Volunteers are needed on Saturday, May 6 to help with set-up, vendor check-in, bike check-in, bike check and minor repair station, general event guide, kids riding area supervision, staffing the Bike Map Master's station, directing car traffic, tear-down, and so on. Light refreshments and snacks will be available in a rest area.
- Join us as a vendor! We welcome individuals and businesses/organizations to register as vendors. Examples include local bike shops, specialty bike vendors, bike repair shops, bike rack sellers, consignment stores that sell bikes, government agencies and local organizations related to bicycling. Vendor registration is free and each space (10 x 17 foot, the size of one parking stall) comes with a 6-foot table and two chairs,