Extra Educational Opportunities
ETCs are encouraged to attend networks, tours, meetings, read articles, watch webinars, listen to podcasts about CTR-related topics to earn credit toward your Best Commuter Business standing. To receive credit, simply let us know what you have watched in your Quarterly Report.
The following links are excellent resources to promote commute options at your worksite. Let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback.
- Downtown On the Go - Learn more about how transportation shapes the development of downtown Tacoma.
- Pierce Transit Podcast - A podcast by Pierce Transit. We'll talk to the people behind the wheel to find out how transit connects us all to life here in the 253.
- America Walks - America Walks is proud to offer a variety of programs that empower communities to create safe, accessible, equitable, and enjoyable places to walk and move.
- Bikes Make Life Better - Get up to speed with the latest trends in the bike world and find inspiration on how bikes could improve your employees lifestyle.
- Commutifi Podcast - Why will TDM save the planet? Join us on Between the Lines each week as we ask TDM experts why their solution is best suited to answer this question.
- Association for Commuter Transportation (ACT) - ACT is an international association and leading advocate for commuter transportation and transportation demand management (TDM), check out their webinar library.
- Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR) - CUTR is an internationally recognized transportation research, education and technology transfer/training/outreach center, with a focus on producing products and people.
- Transportation Research and Education Center (TREC) - TREC at Portland State University produces impactful research for transportation decision makers.
- Luum Video Library - Luum experiments with technology and policy in search of ways to encourage positive change, check out their case study webinars.
- RideAmigos blog posts - Latest news and updates on the Transportation Demand Management industry and RideAmigos products and services.
- Better with Bikes the Podcast - Trek Bicycle explores the inspiring, unknown, and behind-the-scenes stories of people changing the world with bikes — sometimes in ways, you might not expect.
- Community Transit CTR Webinars- Our CTR partners in the north (Snohomish County) have recorded some useful webinars for their ETCs that they have allowed us to share:
- Taxes and Transportation 2023 - Learn how offering transportation benefits to your employees supports both your employees and your employer. Employees can receive tax-free commuter benefits while the employer can receive tax credits for offering such benefits.
- Winter Commuting in 2022/2023 - Learn best practices for commuting by foot, bike and bus in the winter and affordable ways for employers to improve commuter amenities in the workplace.
- Bike Everywhere Month: Bike Riding 101 (through minute 37:47) - This webinar will prepare any ETC and bicycle enthusiast for Bike Month in May! Learn about ways to prepare your bicycle for riding, gear to buy for all-weather riding, how to safely share the road, and how to make your office more bike-friendly.